2019 Yamaha V Star 250
V Star 250
Born For Fun
Light and nimble with smooth power and a low seat for easy handling makes it a stylish entry level V‑twin.
- Big Bike Style: Dual exhausts, plenty of quality chrome and typical Star attention to detail—this is one sharp little cruiser.
- Compact Custom: Light weight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the V Star 250® a great trainer as well as a great choice for riders who appreciate the fun that comes in small packages.
- Strong Brakes: Front disc brake provides highly controllable stopping power.
- Unique V-twin Performance: The V Star 250 is the only V-twin in its class.
- Ultra-Efficient Engine: Estimated 78 mpg* means almost 200 miles between fill-ups.
- Smooth Running: Single 26mm Mikuni® downdraft carburetor ensures optimal fuel/air mixing and delivery with superb throttle response.
- Uniquely Potent V-twin: Air-cooled, 249cc, 60-degree V-twin engine with a long 66mm stroke produces plenty of bottom-end torque and smooth roll-on power. And it's the only V-twin engine in its class, too.
- Flexible Gearing: Widely geared five-speed transmission makes the most of V Star 250's powerband.
- Electric Start: Easy, dependable electric starting.
- Low Maintenance Motor: Automatic cam chain tensioner virtually eliminates maintenance and helps extend engine life.
- Classic Exhaust Layout: Beautiful dual chrome exhaust pipes let the engine breathe and put out that classic V-twin rumble.
- Agile Chassis: 58.7-inch wheelbase creates a long, low package with great handling and maneuverability.
- Strong Brakes: 282mm single front disc brake and a rear drum brake provide plenty of stopping power.
- Low Seat Height: Plush and low-stepped saddle keeps the rider sitting low and lets almost everybody flatfoot the pavement.
- Plush Suspension: Telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel provides a nice, smooth ride. Twin rear shocks feature 3.9 inches of travel and adjustable spring preload for versatility under various loads.
- Open Riding Position: A custom style handlebar gives the V Star 250 a modern look and comfortable riding position.
- Big Bike Style: Extensive chrome details accent engine and side covers for incomparable “big bike" fit and finish.
- Generous Fuel Range: Stylishly sculpted teardrop fuel tank features 2.5-gallon capacity for excellent cruising range.
- Forward Mount Controls: Forward-set foot pegs enhance rider comfort by creating added legroom.
- Stylish Fenders: Wide rear fender and front and rear wire-spoked wheels add the perfect classic, retro touch to this stylish package.
- Engine Type: 15-cubic-inch (249cc) air-cooled, SOHC 60 deg. V-twin, 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 49.0mm x 66.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni® 26mm carburetor
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 33mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Dual shocks, adjustable preload; 3.9 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 282mm
- Brakes / Rear: 130mm drum
- Tires / Front: 3.00-18
- Tires / Rear: 130/90-15
- L x W x H: 86.2 in. x 28.0 in. x 41.7 in.
- Seat Height: 27.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 58.7 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 32.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.7 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 5.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.5 gal. / CA model 2.4 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 78 mpg
- Wet Weight: 326 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- SOHC 60 deg. V-twin, 4 valves
- 15 cu.in. (249cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 49.0mm x 66.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni® 26mm carburetor
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 33mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks, adjustable preload; 3.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 282mm
- Rear Brakes
- 130mm drum
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 58.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.0 in.
- 32.0 deg.
- 4.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.5 gal. / CA model 2.4 gal.
- 78 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 326 lb.
- Metallic Silver
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)