2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
Tracer 900 GT
Sport Touring Superbness
Tactical, tried-and-true, the Tracer 900 GT is capable on any ride with its crossplane engine, advanced electronics and vast menu of performance valued features.
- Practicality Plus Performance: The Tracer™ 900 GT brings sport touring to a new level, with sports-oriented performance and amenities including advanced rider aids, uprated suspension, a reshaped height-adjustable windshield, newly refined bodywork, an adjustable riding position with new seats, 12V electrical outlet, integrated sidecase mounts, and a generous 4.8 gallon fuel tank. The Tracer 900 GT is ideal for the daily commute, short fun rides, or weekend getaways.
- Stunning 3-Cylinder Engine: The Tracer 900 GT features an 847cc liquid-cooled, inline 3-cylinder, DOHC, 12-valve engine derived from the award winning MT-09™. This engine combines high-tech components with a crossplane concept crankshaft to deliver an exciting, sporty engine character with plenty of torque for flexibility and relaxed highway comfort.
- Advanced Engine Control: Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T®) is Yamaha's exclusive ride-by-wire throttle system, derived from MotoGP® technology. YCC-T works to give the rider smooth, precise throttle feel and powers the Tracer's various rider aids, including D-Mode adjustable throttle response, an integrated multi-mode Traction Control System (TCS), cruise control and a quick shifter—all standard.
- Revised Chassis and Ergonomics: For 2019, the Tracer 900 GT features a fully-adjustable front fork and a new rear shock with remote-preload adjustment. A new, longer swingarm improves the feeling of drive from the rear tire. New passenger footpegs, a narrower handlebar and new seats boost comfort, too.
- Top Shelf Features: Modern and stylish LED lighting—including an all-LED headlight unit—offers superior visibility and complements the updated Tracer 900 GT design. A new full-color Thin Film Transistor (TFT) instrument panel is designed to visually relay data to the rider quickly and clearly, including fuel consumption info and gear position. A centerstand comes standard, as do heated grips and ABS.
New for 2019 Features
- High-Spec Suspension: The Tracer 900 GT features a fully-adjustable front fork and new rear shock, both derived from the latest MT-09 Hypernaked. The fork features separate leg damping for simplified tuning, while the rear shock utilizes a remote preload adjuster to simplify changes in load.
- Refined Styling: Smoothly flowing bodywork gives the new Tracer 900 GT a sporty, high-quality appearance, highlighted by a new, larger windscreen redesigned for improved wind protection, as well as newly integrated sidecase mounts.
- Updated Ergonomics: With a narrower handlebar, the Tracer 900 GT gives the rider a more compact feeling of control, while the passenger enjoys reshaped grab rails and greater legroom. Both riders also get new seats for improved long-distance comfort, and heated grips come standard.
- Revised Chassis: The updated aluminum swingarm is longer for a better feeling of drive force from the potent 847cc engine.
- New Electronics: A new full-color Thin Film Transistor (TFT) instrument panel is designed to visually relay data to the rider quickly and clearly, including gear position, TCS modes, and more. Cruise control and a performance quick shifter also come standard.
- Advanced 3-Cylinder Powerplant: The Tracer 900 GT features an 847cc liquid-cooled, inline 3-cylinder, DOHC, 12-valve engine derived from the award winning MT-09. This engine combines high-tech components such as offset cylinders, fracture-split connecting rods and staggered intake funnels with a crossplane concept crankshaft to deliver an exciting, sporty engine character with plenty of torque for flexibility and relaxed highway comfort.
- Crossplane Concept CP3® Engine: The Tracer 900 GT “crossplane crankshaft concept" engine provides linear torque development in response to the rider's throttle input, for responsive engine thrust with a strong feeling of power in the low- to mid-rpm range. To boost refinement and provide a smoother ride, the CP3 engine uses a compact counterbalancer to cancel out vibration.
- Assist and Slipper Clutch: Yamaha's assist and slipper clutch gives the rider smoother, more confident downshifts when entering corners aggressively, as well as a lighter pull effort at the lever in day-to-day riding, all while easily handling the torque of the 847cc high-output motor.
- Compact 6-Speed Transmission: The Tracer 900 GT transmission gearing takes full advantage of the low-to-midrange torque of the CP3 engine, while being designed to be very compact: the crankshaft, input and output shafts are “stacked" in a triangular layout to centralize mass and keep the engine shorter front-to-back, which allows optimized engine placement in the frame for outstanding handling.
- Mass-Centralized 3-into-1 Exhaust System: By placing the muffler low in the frame and as close to the center of the machine as possible, overall handling is improved. Featuring a short, slash-cut exhaust outlet, the Tracer 900 GT sings out with a sporty 3-cylinder exhaust note, too.
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle: The ride-by-wire YCC-T system senses the slightest throttle input by the rider, instantaneously calculates the ideal throttle valve opening, and then actuates the throttle valves to actively control intake volume. This technology contributes to the rider's feeling of torque and controllability from the 3-cylinder engine.
- Selectable Engine Character: The Tracer 900 GT is equipped with Yamaha D-MODE (or “Drive Mode") variable throttle control system. The rider can select at will from three throttle valve control maps for different performance characteristics each tuned specifically for the Tracer 900 GT.
- Adjustable Traction Control: A Traction Control System (TCS) assists the rider in managing traction on various road conditions by quickly modulating throttle opening, ignition timing and fuel volume. The Tracer 900 GT TCS includes three modes to suit various road conditions, and can also be disabled by the rider if they so choose.
- Cruise Control: The Tracer 900 GT includes a cruise control system powered by the YCC-T. Using the left handlebar switchgear, the rider can easily select or adjust a set speed to ease long-distance touring on the highway, improving rider comfort.
- Quick Shift System: The Tracer 900 GT comes fitted with Yamaha's QSS to permit nearly instantaneous upshifts without the clutch, for rapid shifts without interrupting forward drive in performance riding, or smooth, effortless shifting when cruising from point A to point B.
- New Thin Film Transistor Display: New TFT instruments features speedometer, tachometer, fuel level and consumption, clock, gear indicator, eco indicator, D-MODE and TCS indicators, all in glorious full color clarity. All electronic subsystems, from rider aids to heated grips, are easily controlled through the new instruments.
- New Adjustable Monoshock: The rear suspension features a linked-type Monocross® shock, positioned below the seat with an almost horizontal alignment. This unique positioning contributes to mass centralization and a slimmer body design. Already adjustable for rebound damping and spring preload, the new Tracer 900 GT also features a remote preload adjuster, allowing easy, tool-less adjustment for various loads.
- New-Fully Adjustable Fork: The Tracer 900 GT uses a new fully-adjustable front fork derived from the MT-09. The 41mm inverted fork now features compression damping adjustability in addition to the rebound damping and spring preload adjustments. Not only does this allow riders greater flexibility in tuning their Tracer, the new fork design separates compression and rebound damping into separate fork legs, making it easier to fine-tune for the perfect setup across all 5.4 inches of fork travel.
- Powerful, Controllable Brakes: Front brakes consist of paired floating 298mm discs with 4-piston calipers. The calipers are radial mounted for improved feel just like Yamaha's race-winning supersport machines. Yamaha's anti-lock brake system (ABS) works to help prevent wheel lock during hard deceleration for additional braking security.
- Extended Range: Large 4.8 gallon fuel tank provides generous range for fewer stops on the open road.
- Adjustable Ergonomics: The tapered aluminum handlebar is narrower for 2019 and features lighter, sleeker handlebar guards to match, along with adjustable heated grips controlled through the new TFT dashboard. The handlebar mounts are adjustable laterally between two positions to accommodate different rider preferences, while the rider's seat can be easily adjusted 0.6 inches up or down for additional legroom. Passenger legroom is also improved for 2019 thanks to revised passenger footpeg positioning.
- Updated Aluminum Chassis: The Tracer 900 GT aluminum frame utilizes Yamaha's Controlled Fill vacuum casting technology to create a strong, compact chassis with the engine as a stressed member for balanced rigidity. A new, longer swingarm improves the feeling of drive from the rear tire.
- New Bodywork and Windscreen: The new windscreen is now taller, for improved wind protection and features a new one-handed adjustment system to three positions without the use of tools. Front nose to tail, the Tracer 900 GT features updated bodywork for a higher-quality, more cleanly integrated design.
- Integrated Luggage: Locking color-matched side cases feature cleanly integrated luggage mounts, making the Tracer 900 GT ready to hit the road straight from the factory.
- Power Port: A 12V electric outlet, mounted adjacent to the instrument panel, comes standard to conveniently power a range of electrical accessories.
- Standard Centerstand: The Tracer 900 GT comes standard with a centerstand for added rider convenience when parking or performing cleaning and maintenance.
- Ready to Accessorize: The Tracer 900 GT is ready for a range of Genuine Yamaha accessories, including windscreens, luggage and more.
- Engine Type: 847cc liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline 3-cylinder; 12 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 78.0mm x 59.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection with YCC-T
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate assist and slipper clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: 41mm inverted fork, fully adjustable; 5.4 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, adjustable preload (w/remote adjuster) and rebound damping; 5.6 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 298mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Brakes / Rear: 245mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Tires / Front: 120/70ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 180/55ZR17
- L x W x H: 85.0 in. x 33.5 in. x 54.1 in. - 56.3 in.
- Seat Height: 33.5 in. or 34.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 59.1 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24.0 deg.
- Trail: 3.9 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 5.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Fuel Economy: TBD
- Wet Weight: 474 lb.* (*does not include side cases)
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- DOHC, inline 3-cylinder; 12 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 78.0mm x 59.1mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection with YCC-T
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 6-speed; multiplate assist and slipper clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Front Suspension
- 41mm inverted fork, fully adjustable; 5.4 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, adjustable preload (w/remote adjuster) and rebound damping; 5.6 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 298mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- 245mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 59.1 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in. or 34.1 in.
- 24.0 deg.
- 3.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.8 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 474 lb.
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)